Your new puppy is guaranteed to be in good health and to be virus free for three business days from the date the puppy is received. Parasites are a common problem in animals, especially young animals, and are easily treated; therefore these are excluded from this guarantee.
This dog has a guarantee that the hips will receive a grade of fair or above at 24 months of age from the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA), and that his/her eyes will pass a Canine Eye Registration Foundation (CERF) test at 12 months of age, or we will apply the full purchase price of your puppy toward the price of a puppy from a future Family Loved Labs litter. Replacement puppy must be received within 24 months of notifying us of your puppy’s situation.
For this guarantee to remain active, all of the following conditions must be met:
1. Dog has been registered with the AKC, has been microchipped within 10 days of purchase, and has not been transferred to a new owner. We can provide this chip for an additional $40, or you may have it done at your own vet’s office and send us a copy of the dated receipt for the microchip within six months of purchase.
2. Signed statement from the OFA or CERF that hips or eyes respectively will not certify with a grade of fair or above. (We reserve the right to have our own Vet’s opinion.)
3. Dog has not been used as a stud or whelped a litter prior to having OFA certification.
4. Dog and AKC papers are returned to us. (You may choose to keep your dog, but papers must still be returned and he/she must be spayed or neutered).
5. There must be no signs of injury, abuse, neglect and dog must be neither over weight nor over exercised, or guarantee is void
6. No puppy/dog will ever be placed in a shelter. Always call us first if you cannot take care of him/her. We will take him/her back and find a good home for him/her.
Family Loved Labs will not be responsible for any travel/shipping expenses, either for receiving a replacement puppy or returning an unhealthy puppy. We will not be responsible for ANY vet expense or diagnostic testing for any reason; including spaying/neutering.
This guarantee in whole is to replace the dog upon the return of the original puppy (dog). This is after the return of the dog and its papers, or proof that the dog has been put to sleep, has been provided to us. Because we hope this dog will become an important member of your family, it is not necessary to return the dog or have it put to sleep to collect on this agreement. Should you have a problem but want to keep the dog, we will, upon proof of dysplasia or eye defect, refund one-half of the original purchase price of the dog. The male/female must be neutered/spayed and proof of the same provided to us.
I agree that my puppy/dog was in good health when I received/picked him/her up.